ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT THE AIR YOU BREATH? DO YOU NEED SOME IAQ?
WHAT IS INDOOR AIR QUALITY?
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is a term which refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures, especially as it relates to the health and comfort of building occupants. IAQ can be affected by gases (including carbon monoxide, radon, volatile organic compounds), particulates, microbial contaminants (mold, bacteria), or any mass or energy stressor that can induce adverse health conditions. Source control, filtration and the use of ventilation to dilute contaminants are the primary methods for improving indoor air quality in most buildings. Residential units can further improve indoor air quality by routine cleaning of carpets and area rugs. EPA has guidelines for frequency of cleaning based on traffic, number of household members, pets, children and smokers. Carpets and rugs act like an air filter and must be cleaned. Reducing humidity with proper air exchange can further reduce odors and mold as well. Indoor air quality can be recovered quite quickly with the proper treatment. Call Razor Heating & A/c today to discover how we can increase a healthier climate for you today! Call 306 384 4200.
HOW DO I CORRECT MY INDOOR AIR QUALITY?
Indoor Air Quality Services:
– Air filters are used to reduce the amount of dust that reaches the wet coils. Dust can serve as food to grow molds on the wet coils and ducts and can reduce the efficiency of the coils.
– Installation of a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) to regulate humidity, provide proper air exchange, reduce odors, and stop “window ice up” in the winter.
– Installation of a UV light can reduce the harmful bacteria growth and promote a healthier indoor atmosphere.
– Regular Duct cleaning service and scheduled air filter changes can both promote dust control to further increase better indoor air quality.
– Good quality pleated filters can reduce the size of particulate that is allowed to flow through the duct work as well.